museum-digitalbaden-württemberg

Close

Search museums

Close

Search collections

Bezirksmuseum Buchen Bildarchiv Karl Weiß Gebäude-, Stadt- und Straßenansichten in Buchen [DSC0751]

Schwandersches Haus in Buchen

Buchen, Schwandersches Haus (Bezirksmuseum Buchen CC BY-NC-SA)
Provenance/Rights: Bezirksmuseum Buchen (CC BY-NC-SA)

Description

Das sog. "Schwandersche Haus" wurde 1812 durch den Gastwirt Thomas Anton Herth (1759-1834) als Poststation der Großherzoglich Badischen Post in Buchen, Amtsstraße 1, erbaut. Thomas Anton Herth war in dritter Generation Wirt der "Goldenen Kanne" (später umbenannt in "Prinz Carl"). Im Jahr 1829 wurde das Gebäude von Vinzenz Kieser (1804-1871) erworben, um 1890 an Heinrich Schwander weiterverkauft. Seit diesem Besitzerwechsel wurde das Gebäude als "Schwandersches Haus" bezeichnet. Heinrich Schwander eröffnete in dem Gebäude ein Kolonialwarengeschäft.

Material/Technique

Glasnegativ

Measurements

18 x 24 cm

Image taken ...
... Who:
... When
... Where

Part of

Literature

Keywords

Object from: Bezirksmuseum Buchen

Die Sammlungen des Bezirksmuseums verteilen sich auf zwei Gebäude der ehemaligen kurmainzischen Amtskellerei, den Steinernen Bau von 1493 (Abb.) und ...

Contact the institution

[Last update: ]

Usage and citation

Cite this page
The textual information presented here is free for non-commercial usage if the source is named. (Creative Commons Lizenz 3.0, by-nc-sa) Please name as source not only the internet representation but also the name of the museum.
Rights for the images are shown below the large images (which are accessible by clicking on the smaller images). If nothing different is mentioned there the same regulation as for textual information applies.
Any commercial usage of text or image demands communication with the museum.